Wednesday, August 3, 2016

It starts with a broken Subaru, and an ad on Craigslist.

If you already know my headmates and I, collectively known as The JC Klatch, you are familiar with our Subaru Outback that we converted in to a tiny camper. Unfortunately, a snapped timing belt took that car off the road. The repair costs exceed what we feel that car is worth, considering other enormous repairs that are likely to happen soon. It is unfortunate, as that car was loved very deeply and he contained a lot of memories. We had also just spent a lot of time and money on repairs from a car fire, as well as shocks. He looks amazing, but he isn't rolling along the highways any time soon with no engine. That engine is too much of a gamble for us.

So, we needed a car, and it was my turn to select our system's mode of transportation.
I found an ad on Craigslist for the car I've always wanted. A HEARSE!
There's the ad for my car. Deposit is paid, and soon, I'll be handing over the rest of the money, going through the government's maze of red tape, and driving it home!
It's big, it's black, it's creepy, and now, it's mine! 

The ad wasn't completely thorough, I found some other issues with the car not mentioned. No fault to the seller, I really scrutinized that vehicle (although, I forgot to climb underneath. I hope it's not a rust farm under there). Aside from a little rust rot in one of the doors, the issues I found were all very minor. Over all, it appears to be a fine automobile. Even the vinyl top is intact! 

Let's take a look at the provided pictures. Or at least the one's that don't completely give this guy's house away.


Stick around and let's see what I can do with this 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham!

One question remains.... How the **** are we going to park this thing?!


-Julie

1 comment: